Customer Service Contacts:
USA / Canada:
email@example.com / 1-866-247-2802
UK / Europe / Rest of World:
firstname.lastname@example.org / +49 89 9934 1167
Single Issue Orders:
Subscription Orders (Trial & Full Subscription)
Q: I've ordered a subscription today. When can I expect my first issue to be delivered?
A: It could take between 2 to 4 weeks before you receive your first issue, depending on the region you're living in and the subscription variant you've chosen.
Q: I haven't received the current issue. What's going on?
A: There are a couple of factors beyond our reach, so we need to check on the facts first. Please notify us at email@example.com and include your shipping address details (and, if possible, your subscription ID). The subscription ID is printed on the mailing envelope above your address.
We'll then come back to you within 3-business days and send out a replacement copy if necessary.
Here are the top 3 reasons for a missed delivery:
- The mailing has been lost somewhere in transit, probably in the international postal system, or
- You don't have a valid subscription (invalid credit card, subscription expired), or
- You've relocated and didn't change your address before the issue mailed.
Q: How can I choose the start issue of my subscription?
A: There's a "Subscription Start Issue" field included in our order forms. Just choose the issue you'd like your subscription to start with from the drop-down list.
Q: How do I renew my subscription?
A: With our streamlined auto-renewal system, you don't need to do anything to initiate the renewal. Your subscription will automatically renew each year at the subscription rate in effect at the time of renewal until you cancel your subscription. You will receive a confirmation notice roughly 60 days before your subscription expires. Unless you inform us otherwise, we will charge the credit card used with your initial order at the beginning of each new subscription year. Be sure to notify us if you credit card information has changed!
You may cancel your subscription with immediate effect at any time and receive a full refund on all unmailed copies.
Q: Where do I find my customer ID?
A: Your customer ID can be found on your magazine label above your name. It can also be found in your renewal letter.
Q: Where do I find my subscription ID?
A: Your subscription ID can be found in your renewal letter.
Q: The credit card I used with my initial order isn't valid anymore. What can I do?
A: Please update your details by using the Update Payment Info form on the magazine website.
Q: How can I cancel my subscription?
A: Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and be sure to include your mailing address and, if possible, your subscription ID. The subscription ID is printed on the mailing envelope above your address.
Q: Which countries do you ship to by subscription?
A: We ship to anyplace, worldwide. Some of our subscribers live in places such as Vietnam and Papua New Guinea. Based on our experience, there's no need to worry about reliability in delivery to such countries, particularly if you take the Airmail option.
Q: Why do subscription and single copy prices differ so widely depending on the region ?
A: All Linux New Media magazines are shipped from our printer in Germany. Higher prices for certain regions are the result of higher shipping costs for these regions. Typically, regions that are farther away from central Europe or North America have higher shipping costs.
Q: For which countries does the "Delivery to Europe (except UK)" option apply?
A: Here's a list of all countries where we ship subscriptions at the "Delivery to Europe (except UK)" option:
- The Azores
- Czech Republic
- French Guyana
- Canary Islands
- The Netherlands
- Russian Federation
- San Marino
- Serbia and Montenegro
- St. Pierre and Miquelon
Q: I've recently moved. How can I change my subscription mailing address?
A: Please change your mailing address by using the Change Address form on the magazine website.
Q: I would like to cancel my subscription but I still have magazine issues remaining. How do I get refunded for those copies that haven't mailed yet?
A: We calculate the remaining value of all your unmailed copies based on the yearly subscription price. Then we credit that amount to the credit card used with your order/renewal.
Example: You have ordered a subscription at US$ 109.90 for 12 issues plus DVDs. After receiving your sixth issue you decide to cancel. You'll be credited US$ 54.95.
A: Please check availability and use our back issue order form on the magazine website.
Q: Can I order DVDs separately?
A: No, we don't sell the DVDs separately, sorry. You can only order them together with the magazine as back issues.
Q: Do you offer a CD version of the DVD?
A: No, sorry. As all major distributions nowadays require more than a single CD, it's more economical to produce DVDs instead.
We still have DVDs containing .iso images that you can burn onto CD-Rs. A popular example is the Knoppix CD image.
Major software is already distributed nearly exclusively on DVDs, so we recommend strongly that you upgrade your system to a DVD drive.
Q: Where can I find Linux New Media magazines on the newsstand? Where should I try first?
A: You can find our magazines in the following places:
- United Kingdom & Ireland: WHSmith, Eason, and about 1,500 independent newsagents
- Continental Europe: International Press, larger newsstands at airports and central railway stations
- United States of America: In many chains including Barnes & Noble, Borders, Fry's, and Micro Center.
- Canada: In many chains including Chapters/Indigo and Relay.
- Australia, New Zealand: Major newsstands nationwide
- Other countries outside Europe: International Press, larger newsstands at airports, and central railway stations
Q: I can't manage to get the DVD included in my magazine up and running. What should I do?
A: There are a several possible reasons for a Linux installation problem, including:
- Hardware incompabilities: Although Linux supports a fairly wide range of hardware, there are known problems with certain hardware components. In fact, incompatibilities are the most common reason for an installation failing. However, there are often ways to overcome these problems and get the system running. The best way for finding help is to post your problem in online forums and bulletin boards that are specifically dedicated to the distribution in question. A detailed error report helps other board members to understand the problem better. For further information on resources for support and troubleshooting, please refer to the "Help & Support" boxout in the magazine's DVD article included with your distribution.
- Software bugs: All man-made software of a certain complexity is prone to "bugs". Open source software like Linux distros, even with their "bazaar-like" development model, doesn't make an exception here. The good thing, however, is that it typically doesn't take that long until workarounds show up in the respective distribution's forums. Check out the resources for support and troubleshooting we provide in the "Help & Support" boxout in the DVD description article.
- Defective DVDs: Defective DVDs will be replaced. Before requesting a replacement copy from us please check on the data integrity of your DVD copy first! You can do this by copying all files from the DVD drive to your hard disk using your file browser (KDE Konqueror, Windows Explorer, etc.). If you receive error messages reporting about "read errors," it's likely that the DVD is defective. In that case please email us at email@example.com. Be sure to specify the issue number or Month and Year, in addition to your subscription ID, mailing address, or the name of the newsstand in which you purchased your magazine.
Please request a replacement copy from us only after having completed the test described above.
If you have a question that isn't covered here, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: All Linux New Media magazine DVDs are distributed "as is". Linux New Media provides technical support for defective discs only. Unfortunately, we can't provide any installation support or troubleshooting help because we are neither the original vendor nor the developers of the software.
Please check this table to see what's the next issue of your subscription.
|Issue of Magazine||Jan
||Aug||Sep||Oct||Nov||Dec|| Jan 2013
|Linux Pro Magazine*||135||136||137||138||139||140||141||142||143||144||145||146|
|Ubuntu User North America
|ADMIN Magazine|| 07
|ADMIN Magazine North America||07||08||09||10||11||12|
(* In North America "Linux Magazine" is known as "Linux Pro Magazine")